LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Friday, September 21, 2007

Friday, Flying...

Which is what I wish I was doing right now. Flying anywhere! OK, maybe anywhere it isn't 90 degrees like it was in Chicago today. Ugh! Where is the beautiful fall weather we were enjoying last week? Come on 70's!!!

I'd like to be flying away for a relaxing weekend, preferably with family and/or friends. It was a long week! I'm still completely miffed about the Big Cheese. But, I did my ranting yesterday, so I'm going to let it go....

Today, it was B.G and C.B's birthdays. B.G.'s mom brought cookies and juice for the class, as well as goodie bags. Thanks, Mrs. G.!! She's the sweetest mom. I had her son two years ago (and I'll have her youngest child next year) and she was always so willing and eager to help in my classroom. At the time, kindergarten ate lunch in the room (yeah, try and imagine what that was like!!) and she always came to help serve and clean up. It was sooo appreciated. She was also one of the few moms who always sent me little gifts for the holidays, as well as the end of the year. Last year, I had her son in my 1st grade afterschool class, and she still made sure she sent me gifts all year. How sweet is that? I only spent 4 hours a week with the boy, and she made sure I knew she appreciated my work. Her daughter is one of my favorites, of course. She's just as sweet as her mom. The youngest daughter is also adorable and sweet. I just love the G. family in general!! Oh, and since she knew it was C.B.'s birthday, too, she brought him a birthday present. Too sweet!

Writing about Mrs. G. has me in a happy place, so I'm going to just leave you with today's quote. Have a great weekend! (I made a poster with this saying, and it hangs in my classroom.)

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!

---Anonymous

2 comments:

Christina said...

Go Mrs. G.! Glad you had a good day today!

ChiTown Girl said...

Christina, your words of support and encouragement are so appreciated! It's touching that you take time out of your own ultra-busy day to leave me these supportive messages. Thanks! :)