LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Ok, it's official. I need a 12-step program!!!

Ok, so, Stud and I made a trip to my favorite store in the world, otherwise known as Walmart. I should be completely embarrassed to admit it, but....I came home with this:

I know, I know, I know!!! I'm such a psycho! I can't believe it, either. But, let me try to defend myself here, and explain how I rationalized this purchase.

A couple of years ago, when they came out with this, it was $75. The double crock was $50. I ended up getting the double (with some Christmas cash from my parents) but have secretly been wishing I had bought the bigger one. Well, then this past holiday season, I saw the triple crock for $50 (I think at Sam's Club?) and I was pissed all over again that I didn't get it.

Imagine my delight when I spied an end-cap of these beautiful babies at Walmart with a giant price sign hanging about it that said.....ready? $25!!!! No, I'm NOT kidding!!!! I went online to price it at some other places and found this at the Crock Pot website. Can you even BELIEVE the deal I got?! I can't, either!

But, holy crap, what have I done?! I can't even figure out where to store the other 9 crock pots I have!!! To help me feel better about not getting the triple crock, I kept telling myself that I had nowhere to keep it anyway. Jeez, wait til my mother hears about this!! She's gonna really give it to me. That is, until we have a big family party, and it's exactly what we need for the buffet. :) I guess my weekend project will be to figure out which closet in the basement I'm going to clear out and turn into a Crock Closet!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is great. I have been known to buy some interesting items too that make my friends and family raise their eyebrow at me.

Gberger said...

Or give it to your parents as a gift. Then it will be all ready for the family parties, and they can store it!

Mary A. said...

OMG. You are secretly my Mother -in-law. I am going to sneak into your house and start throwing away your shit.

But can you make me some queso first?

Busy Bee Suz said...

I think you are out of your mind and an intervention needs to take place.
You will be known as the crock hoarder. Not to be confused with the crack whore...cause you will sell yourself out for a big pot of goulash.

jo.irish.rose said...

you dont need it, mail it to me now!! lol

you get good deals, no fair!! stop it now, save summit for the rest of us poor suckers willya?

good girl!

Anonymous said...

You must have a whole lot of family gatherings to justify this. I have reached a point in life that we either go to a restaurant or I get take-out for family gatherings. Cooking for large groups is now beyond my ability.

M said...

Mmmmmm, make something really good and blog it! I didn't even know they made them taht size :)

Maria said...

This is SO something that my partner would bring home. She is the pack rat, never throws anything away (which is why we have a baseball sized roll of rubber bands in our closet) while I am happy to live very minimally.

Plus, I am a freakingly bad cook, so what the hell would I do with that thing?

Clippy Mat said...

Jeez, I don't come around for a while and you go nuts!!! As soon as I saw the heading of this post I knew what it was going to be, Suz is right you are a Crock Ho' and somebody is going to have to take you down....
p.s. I have one nasty crockpot. I need a new one.....
;-)