LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Thursday, May 24, 2012

May 24, 2012

Thursday, May 24, 2012
Do you think you're a good sport?

Yes, usually, as long as the other person wins fair and square. I can't tolerate cheaters.

Just another tidbit about 7 Little Words. I realized that I didn't mention this time that this was a free app I had downloaded to my iPod and iPhone. There are about 4 or 6 sets of free games that come with the download (each set has 50 puzzles) and there is a free daily puzzle, like the one in my previous post. I can't tell you how much I love this game. It's my go-to game when I'm sitting in a waiting room (which is happening more and more lately with my in-laws). Usually, CSJ and I will play together, but when I get sick of him playing over my shoulder, one of us will play on the iPod and the other will play on the iPhone.

I should be embarrassed to admit I have purchased every single additional puzzle pack. Each pack is 99 cents, which sounds pricey, I know, but like I said, there are 50 puzzles in each pack. (Plus, I didn't buy them all at once. I bought them as they were released, so it was probably less than one a week.) The way I see it, it's no different than the puzzle books I pick up at the dollar store to help me pass the time. And, this is WAY easier to carry around. I used to be one of those people who always had a crossword puzzle book in my purse. Now, I just play on my phone.

Anyhoo, if you haven't already checked it out, you should. It's a great way to keep those brain cells active! :)

3 comments:

Jim said...

Hi Lisa! Thanks for dropping by today!
I don't have an iphone or ipad so I guess I can't paly with ya! lol
I am hooked on Sudoku! Thanks to hubby who is really good at it! I'm learning though!

Busy Bee Suz said...

I will check this out. Can I play against you? I mean, if it is a word game or a numbers game, you will beat me....but I am a good loser.

Melanie said...

I know exactly what you mean about puzzles. I am addicted to Sudoku and any other game where I have to think about words and/or numbers. I just like to keep my brain busy. I'm so thankful that our phones now give us these options so that we don't have to fill our purses with the necessities!