LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day, Daddy!

I just had to post this picture again, cuz like I said, it's one of my absolute favorites of me and my Daddy.

This one if for my dear, sweet friend, Laura. That's Frank's dad and my dad, and yes, they look a LOT alike, don't they? My uncle is the oldest of the 5 brothers and my dad is the youngest, as well as the baby of 13. Yes, my grandmother was a saint!!
Happy Father's Day, Daddy, and Mickey Mouse!! (I've been calling my uncle that for as long as I can remember, but I don't quite remember the story there...) And, Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there!! Enjoy the day. I'll give you all three guesses as to where we all are right now, and the first two don't count. Besides celebrating Father's Day, the family is all getting together to bid farewell to my mamma, cuz she's "leaving...on a jet plane..." tomorrow for her villa. On that note, I'm off to par-tay with the familia!

***On a side note, I really need to quit using "cuz." The spell checker doesn't like it, and it's just horrible grammer for a teacher, isn't it? Oh, but wait...I'm on summer vacation!!!! YAY!

2 comments:

Me said...

Wow they do look alike! So cute. I LOVE Frank's dad even more than Frank. He's here now visiting so I'm hoping to see them later this week. I give his dad a bag of oranges from our tree every time he's here. He LOVES our oranges and it makes me so happy. Thanks for posting, my friend!

Stephanie said...

What a cute picture of you and your dad! I love looking at old pictures from when I was a kid. It's sweet of you to celebrate your dad here.

I didn't ever think about the intelligence scrutiny teachers must face! You use 'cuz' all you want! It's faster! :-)

Re: your comment --

Thanks! I'm glad you decided to comment. I always see the little counter and it shows me general location of people who stop by my site, but I never know who they are because most don't seem to comment.

Thanks for the comment about my picture. I just got my hair colored a darker, richer brown and wanted to see it, but I'm incapable of making normal faces in "self portraits" for some reason.

Thank you for stopping by, and feel free to do so again! I hope you're enjoying your summer vacay!