LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Let it snow, let it snow, let is snow!!

OK, I know I'm doing it again, and this is not the least bit related to school, but I just had to share a little look at our first snowfall of the year. I'm so happy, I could do cartwheels! (OK, well, I probably couldn't do a cartwheel these days, but you get the idea....) Enjoy!

I realize it seems like there's static "snow" here, but it's real snow!

I was trying to capture the dusting of snow on the roof of my garage.

The deck is starting to have a lovely little blanket....

OK, I took this through my kitchen window like all the rest, but I was dumb enough to take it through the screen, too. DORK! This, however, was the very first thing I saw this morning when I woke up. I took one look at that table, and immediately became happy!

Here's the puppy! Luckily, this is his good side :) I tried to get the picture as soon as he came in, but he was so excited, he wouldn't sit still! You can see he's trying to get back out. Buster absolutely ADORES this weather. His momma was a purebred Husky, and the minute the first snowflake comes down each year, it shows! He looks more like a Golden, so over the years we've determined (with the help of several vets) that his poppa must be a Golden/Shepard/Chow mix. (I was told about the Chow when he was just a puppy. Buster had the craziest speckled tongue, which I was told instantly by the vet meant he has Chow in him. The specks looked like he had something on his tongue, like maybe leaves or something. The first day I had him, I kept chasing him around, trying to get my hand in his mouth to sweep out whatever was in there. It took all day to pin him down long enough to realize it was just his tongue! The speckles have spread over the years, and now he has a mottled purple & pink tongue.)

No comments: